1. Last playlist played on iPod: Outlaw Country Genius playlist
2. Last person to text you: My wife, Holly
3. Favorite restaurant: Macaroni Grill
4. Are you a coffee drinker? Oh yea
5. Favorite place to ride: The desert in AZ after a rain
6. Hobbies other than racing? Golf, disc golf, mountain biking
7. Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
8. First thing you do in the morning? Fire up the coffee pot!
9. What type of conditions do you race best in? Dry, slick
10. Last movie you watched? 21 Jump Street
12. Boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs
11. What bend of handle bars do you run? Flexx 12 degree Moto
12. In your opinion, who is the greatest rider of all time? RC
13. How old are you? 29
14. iPhone or android? iPhone
15. Any pre-race superstitions? Nope
16. Favorite dessert? Pecan pie!
17. Brand of truck? Chevy. Like a rock
18. Blondes or brunets? Brunettes
19. Favorite breakfast food? Pancakes with sausage and eggs
20. Guilty pleasure? Sports talk radio
22. Number one thing on bucket list? Win a title
We’re three rounds into the 2014 GNCC season, has it gone anything like you expected?
No, I thought we’d have a dry race by now!
What was the biggest surprise for you in the switch to off-road?
How many factors go into getting a good result: pit stop, hydration, goggles, short cuts, strategy, lines…
You seem to have a pretty good outlook on the switch to off-road, not expecting too much too soon, but losing can’t be any fun for you. How long have you given yourself to “learn” this type of racing before you start expecting results?
As soon as possible, but by halfway through the year is my cut off. I’ll have it down by then.
Do you know if you’ll be on the 2014 ISDE Trophy Team?
I have no clue, but I hope so!! I had a blast last year.
Advice you’d give a motocrosser toying with the idea of going off-road?
Make sure you have patience and a will to work.
What are your goals for the season?
I want to be solid this season, get some top 5’s, and ultimately get a win or two before the end of the year.