Aaron Plessinger, son of 1994 and 1995 GNCC Champ Scott Plessinger, made his presence known in a big way in the XC2 Pro Lites Class in last year by grabbing the holeshot and a 2nd-place finish at the Power Line Park GNCC in his debut ride in the class. The 17-year-old made an even bigger splash in the class this year–after missing the first two rounds due to conflicts with major amateur motocross races–Aaron showed up at Steele Creek and took the win in dramatic fashion and followed that up with a solid 3rd-place finish at Big Buck. We haven’t seen Aaron at a GNCC since Big Buck but he’ll be making his return this weekend at the John Penton, get to know a little more about the motocross and off-road phenom from Hamilton, OH in this RapidFire:
1. Last playlist played on iPod: Rap/Hip hop
2. Last person to text you: Jason “Jay Bird” Campbell
3. Favorite restaurant: Taco Bell
4. Are you a coffee drinker? Not at all, I hate coffee! [Laughs]
5. Favorite place to ride: Private Farm in Georgia
6. Hobby other than racing: Fishing
7. Chocolate or vanilla: Both
8. Idol? My Dad
9. First thing you do in the morning? Brush my teeth
10. What type of conditions do you race best in? People tell me I ride good in all conditions
11. Last movie you watched? My Best Friends Girl
12. Boxers or briefs? Briefs
13. What bend of handle bars do you run? Pro Taper Carmichael Bend
14. In your opinion, who is the greatest rider of all time? My Dad
15. How old are you? 17
16. iPhone or android? Team iPhone all the way
18. Any pre-race superstitions? Nope
19. Favorite dessert? Chocolate volcano
20. Ford or Chevy? Chevy
21. Blondes or brunets? Blonde
22. Favorite breakfast food? Cereal
23. Guilty pleasure? None
24. Interstate or backroads? Interstate
25. Number one thing on your bucket list? Sky dive
You have put in some solids rides to start the year off! The XC2 class is overflowing with talent this year.Are you planning on racing every GNCC this year? If not which ones are you skipping out on and why?
Well I’m not going to do every gncc this year, in fact the next one I’ll do is John Penton. The reason I’m doing this is because I’m focusing more on motocross this year.
Name one thing you would change about the industry.
I would try to get more sponsors so there could be more money in the industry.
When did you race your first off-road race? Why did you decide to race off road as well as moto?
Well my first race was an off road when I was 5. I couldn’t decide which I liked more so I did them both.
Traveling is a huge part of racing. Some racers travel over ten hours to race. What would you say your average drive time is?
The average drive time for me would be about 7 to 8 hours.
What is your first childhood memory that involves racing?
My first race on a pw 50, my dad had to chase me around the whole track because it was muddy and I would fall down and not be able to get up. He chased me around for the whole race.
What do you do to help stay in shape for the brutal 3 hour races?
Long runs, long bike rides, and long motos is what keeps me going for 3 hours.
Who has been your biggest motivator so far in life?
I would have to say my Dad. He has been there for me every step of the way, behind every decision I make and just helping me along the way to get me to where I am now.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your plan to get there?
In five years I would like to see myself as a top 3 pro SX/MX rider. I’m just gonna keep training, riding, and giving it all I have to get to that step.
Which rider would you like to have the style of, the heart of, and the fitness of?
I would have to say I want to keep my heart and style but the fitness of Charlie Mullins.
If you could have any outside sponsor you wanted, who would it be?
Taco Bell and Chipotle
If you could race against any past champion who would it be?
I would want to race everyone who raced in the year 1995.
Who would you like to thank for helping you chase your dream?
My whole family, Yamaha Motor Corp., MSR, Pro Taper, Dunlop, Factory Connection, DP Brakes, Rock River Elite, Roost MX, FMF, GYTR, Bell Helmets, Jett Boots, Scott goggles, Yamalube, Moto X Compound, and TM Designs.